Dr. Gunter is a native of Las Vegas and first began his medical career in 1978 as a clinical-paramedic. Dr. Gunter received his medical degree in 1993 from the University of Nevada School of Medicine and is Board Certified in Family Practice. He holds certificates of added qualifications in Sports Medicine. In -1998, Dr. Gunter studied Acupuncture at UCLA. Acupuncture promotes health and well being, prevention of illness, and treatments of various medical conditions. In 2006, Dr. Gunter trained at Cenegenics Medical Institute in Las Vegas. Age management is a preventative therapeutic approach to controlling and improving the aging process in both men and women.
Dr. Gunter strives to create a caring atmosphere for all his patients and emphasizes the importance of preventative healthcare measures for the mind, body, and soul.
“My passion is quality of life. My philosophy is that each patient is a unique individual and must be cared for as such. My approach to medicine is tailored to each patient’s needs. This is achieved by a thorough history, physical, nutrition, exercise guidance and preventive maintenance. I am certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, partnering with my patients to live healthier, more vibrant lives. I put all my patients first with an all-encompassing approach to health, wellness & prevention.” ~Dr. Gunter
Professional Affiliations and Appointments
- Chairman of Family Practice Summerlin Medical Executive Committee 2005-2010
- Current Vice-Chief of Staff Summerlin Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Scottsdale Memorial Family Practice Residency Program, Resident Teacher of the Year Award
- Nominated Brazie Award, Outstanding Family Practice, 2nd Year Resident
- National Institute of Health Research Grant Human Papillomavirus in Double Primary Neoplasms of the Head and Neck, Recipient
- Consumers’ Checkbook Top Doctor, Vegas Seven 2013
- Las Vegas Life Magazine, Top Docs 2013
- Opencare, Patient Choice Awards 2016
Join the LVIC today to guest speakers like this and many others!